By John A. Morrow
Date of issue June 16, 1987
Number in edition- 950
Artist’s proofs- 50
Standard frame size- 18X24
Paper-acid free, Mohawk, superfine
Printer- Ryan Press, Ogdensburg, NY
Built as an exact reproduction of a castle tower on the magnificent Rhine River, this free form stone architecture faces the main channel on Heart Island in Alexandria Bay, NY. Also referred to as the playhouse, construction began in 1897. It was intended for recreational purposes and contains a bowling alley, billiard room and library. During WWII, the thick lead roof was removed for the metal, this caused extensive damage to the interior structure which is now in the process of restoration.
Reproduced from a watercolor painting.